FREELANCE JOURNALIST/PRESENTER/CORRESPONDENT/PRODUCER/PHOTOGRAPHER – 2010 – Present
- PRI’s The World (NPR/BBC co-production), Contributing editor: Forbes, NPR (National Public Radio), The Atlantic, The New Statesman, Rudaw (Kurdish news), Spears Magazine, Business Traveller, Crave (men’s lifestyle), Tablet Mag, Lunch Magazine (luxury food, travel and lifestyle), Hadassah, Jewish Renaissance
- Writing workshop facilitator: Discovery Networks
- Investigative researcher/business intelligence: Blue Heron Research Partners
- Producer/Director : Al Jazeera Programmes, The Frost Interview. Responsible for getting, and producing high profile interviews on-location scripted into a one-hour documentary format using archive and current footage and overseeing edit. *Produced 5th most watched programme on Al Jazeera’s website (Frost interviews Aishwarya Rai).
- Producer & Video Journalist –PBS’ McNeil Lehrer & Al Hurrah. Produced and shot interviews and b-roll for a 5-part series about the Arab Spring produced for PBS’ McNeil Lehrer and Al Hurrah. (Tunisia elections and interview with Mrs. Bouazizi, only foreign journalist in Bahrain ahead of the one-year anniversary of protests). PD 170 and Z1.
- Presenter & Correspondent: M24 (Monocle magazine’s radio broadcast). Regular co-presenter The Globalist (live current affairs programme) involved in editorial direction of programme and reporter for food, design, business and culture programmes .
- Reporter: Associated Press – Arabic Service (TV), Voice of America (TV and Radio). Self-edit radio pieces using Adobe Audition. Self-shoot with PD 170 and Z1.
- Producer: CBS News’ 48 Hours (Investigative/Field Producer-Long format),
Associated Press – Corporate Services (Producing VNR’s of European Commission missions in Africa and private sector).
REPORTER, CBS NEWS – LONDON BUREAU, 2008 – 2010
- Reported taped and live reports for CBS Network Radio, including World News Roundup (using Adobe Audition for taped stories).
- Reported feature stories for CBS Morning News, CBS News Up to the Minute, and CBSNews.com.
- Digital Journalist – trained on PD150/170 cameras and FTP skills. Proficiency in basic shooting.
ASSOCIATE PRODUCER/RESEARCHER, CBS NEWS – LONDON BUREAU, 2002-2010
- Produced stories for CBS Evening News and CBS’ The Early Show. Responsible for exclusives, including “Trained for Terror”(2006) and “Inside a Pirate Hijacking”(2009). Coverage of major news events including the G20 Summit (2009), Israel-Lebanon War (2006) London Terror Attacks (2005), India-Land of Contrasts (2006), a four-part series nominated for an Emmy.
- Developed sources and generated investigative leads, focused on security, intelligence and counter-terrorism.
- Field produced stories for CBS Sunday Morning, 48 Hours, A&E, and History Channel. Projects included “Railway Children,” documenting sex-trafficked children in Delhi (48 Hours, 2007) and “The Hobbit,” about the discovery of a new species in Indonesia (60 Minutes, 2005).
FREELANCE PRODUCER – LONDON, 2001–2002
- Produced corporate multi-media projects: managed budget, crews, field production.
- Documentary researcher, location supervisor, interviewer for Ruby Pictures.
POLITICAL PRODUCER, KRON-TV – SAN FRANCISCO, 2000-2001
- Managed coverage of local, statewide, and national campaigns, including 2000 Presidential race.
- Field produced and coordinated remotes for primaries, national party conventions, and election.
- Organized KRON-sponsored U.S. Senate debate.
- Field produced breaking news and special events, including 100th U.S. Open at Pebble Beach.
- Produced long-form, investigative pieces: “Holocaust Insurance” (Emmy nominated) & “Clean Room Cancer.”
FIELD PRODUCER, KRON TV – SAN FRANCISCO, 1999-2000
- Researched, produced, and scripted stories for daily live feature/lifestyle segment.
REPORTER, KCOY-TV – SANTA MARIA, CA, 1997-1998
- Enterprised and produced daily pieces and live shots.
NEWS WRITER, KNTV (ABC) – SAN JOSE, CA, 1997
- Wrote anchor copy for 5pm, 6pm, and 11pm newscasts.
ASSISTANT PRODUCER, CBS NEWSPATH – NEW YORK, 1994-1997
- Coordinated affiliate live shots and produced VO/SOTs for national feeds.
- Field produced 1996 New Hampshire primary and Presidential debate in Hartford, CT.
PAGE, CBS TELEVISION – NEW YORK, 1993-1994.
- National Desk, CBS Evening News, Special Events & The Late Show with David Letterman.
COUNTRIES/REGIONS TRAVELLED TO: Europe (North, South, East, West, Central, Baltics, Balkans, Nordics), Russia, Turkey, South Asia (Myanmar, Thailand, Singapore, India), Indonesia, East Timor, South Africa, West Africa (Senegal, Guinea-Conakry, Burkina Faso, Niger), North Africa (Libya, Tunisia, Morocco), Middle East (Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Israel), UAE/Gulf States (Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bahrain, Oman), The Americas (most of the US, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica).
Intermediate French, Beginner Italian
Emerson College, Boston, Massachusetts
BS, Mass Communication, 1992
British Guild of Travel Writers
Dual National: American and British